Dear Parents and Players: In accordance with the Provincial Government’s “Return to Sport Restart 2.0” and revision to Provincial Health Orders, as of June 15th, spectators are now permitted to watch at outdoor sports fields!!
Richmond FC is excited to welcome you back to our fields and has appreciated your understanding and cooperation in following the ‘no spectators’ Provincial Health Order since November 19, 2020.
IMPORTANT – In line with a ViaSport/BC Soccer update last evening, RFC asks you please follow the important protocols and guidelines that still remain in place:
- limited to a maximum 50 spectators at each field;
- please spectate from outside the fence;
- spectators are NOT PERMITTED within the fence, on the field of play or in bleachers.
- when standing along fence, practice 2-metre physical distancing and wear a mask if you cannot physical distance from the person standing next to you.
- “Limiting gatherings is still the intent, so please be responsible.”
TRAVEL FOR GAMES NOW PERMITTED
- The other big change this week ism travel outside of our “travel region” – eg: across BC – is now permitted for game play.
- Richmond FC will be looking to organize exhibition games for U8-U18 Advanced Development teams as the opportunity arises.
- Spectator numbers will allow up to 50 people per 1 half of a regular 11v11 full-size soccer field, including bench area (including all participants, coaches, referees & others – no distancing).
Richmond FC asks that you continue to be conscientious of the health of your children and family, and as a general rule do not come to any RFC activities if your player or anyone in your family is unwell. Please continue to complete the daily Covid-19 screen found permanently on the Richmond FC website:
A reminder from June 1st changes/updates:
– Physical distancing not required on the field of play, including bench area.
– 2 metres between people is still required outside the field of play.
– Players to bring their own water bottles and do not share.
– Sharing of common equipment is allowed.
– Coaches continue to wear masks, masks are not required for players.
Richmond FC looks forward to further adjustments on July 1st which may include increased number of spectators and group sizes, with a return to normal in September for the start of the 2021/2022 fall-winter season.