This one day a week skill development program is for players born 2015-2004 currently in the Club’s Open (Recreational) program and is aimed at bridging the gap between recreational and competitive soccer. The ODA will incorporate 3 levels of play, Entry level, Intermediate and Performance. There will be an emphasis on individual and small group development, using deliberate practice. Players will be extended and supported to help find their level of play.
The Open Development Academy is a new and exciting soccer program which ensures every child has fun while developing soccer and physical literacy skills. The ODA program also uses soccer as a vehicle to develop social skills and core values such as sportsmanship, teamwork, fair play and respect.
Players will train weekly in a developmentally stage and age-appropriate program.
The program will be delivered by the licensed coaches from the RFC technical Team.
• Ball Mastery – Exercises where each player will work alone with a ball, High repetitions using parts of the body.
• Speed – Exercises and games that improve acceleration, running with and without the ball and changes of pace.
• Receiving and Passing – Exercises to improve a player’s first touch, so important at all levels and to encourage and teach accurate creative passing.
• Finishing – Exercises and games that teach technique and encourage instinctive play.
• Moves (1v1) – Exercises and games that teach game winning individual moves that can create space amongst the most packed of defences.
• Group Attack – Exercises and games that improve small-group combination play with emphasis on fast break attacks.
• Tactical Awareness – through game literacy activities.
• Hand Outs – Principals of Play defending and attacking, Game day Nutrition booklet.
September 10 to March 11
$350 Inc Kit
September 10 to June 24
$475 Inc Kit
(Full season ticket is better value)