BC COASTAL SOCCER (BOYS) LEAGUE
ATTENTION: TEAM OFFICIALS
RE: NEW DISCPLINE LEVY FORMAT
As you should be aware of by now the Lower Mainland Districts have amalgamated their boys’ teams and this means that instead of approximately 400 teams there will be closer to 750 teams being scheduled.
Please be informed that in order to cut down on the number of discipline hearings the BCCSL Discipline Committee will endeavor to levy a specific number of games for red card offenses whereby the player does not have to attend a hearing unless there are extenuating circumstances.
As this is a new process please note that the following is subject to change.
1) Denies obvious Goal – Automatic 1 game – doesn’t need to attend a hearing
2) Second Caution in the same game – Automatic 1 game – doesn’t need to attend a hearing
3) Serious foul play – The automatic one game plus 2 games, anything that is deemed to be of a serious nature,
the player will be requested to attend a hearing.
4) Violent Conduct – The automatic one game plus 2 games, anything that is deemed to be of a serious nature, the
player will be requested to attend a hearing
5) Offensive, Insulting, Abusive Language and/or Gestures:
a) If “directed at no one in particular” – Automatic 1 game – doesn’t have to attend a hearing
b) If this player is reported for language a second time he will then be expected to attend a hearing.
If the language was directed at “another player, team official or spectator” after consideration by the Committee
the player will either be levied the automatic plus 1-2 games or may be requested to attend a hearing.
Persistent Protests Against the Decisions of the Referee or Assistants – Automatic one game plus 1-2 games.
If the language was directed at the referee – the player will be required to attend a hearing.
Please note: The team official has the right to request a hearing within 48 hours of the notice if they disagree
with the number of games levied.
Submitted by Jackie Larson on behalf of the BCCSL (Boys’) Discipline Committee